Hawthorne & Heaney is currently looking for an embroidery intern to join us for an immediate start.
We are looking for a current undergraduate fashion/textiles/costume student to join us in the studio for a 3 month internship. Duties will include machine and hand sewing, general administration, maintenance of the social media sites, research, assisting with embroidery preparation for both the staff and for the School and errands. Time is also set aside from duties to develop your own embroidery skills during your internship. Applicants must be hard working, versatile, enthusiastic, professional, responsible and able work well in a small team. Attention to detail is a must along with patience as nothing in embroidery is particularly quick.
- Sewing skills are essential, and a proficiency in both hand and machine sewing would be ideal.
- Computer knowledge of both MAC and PC, ideally with an understanding of adobe programs and G drive
- Trend aware
- Looking to gain experience in a live studio in the embroidery sector
- Must be a current undergraduate student of a fashion/textiles related course
- Able to travel into London every day
This internship is unpaid and should be taken in addition to a current undergraduate course, we are therefore unable to accept non students for this position. Hours are full time, Monday- friday 9-5pm.
If you would be interested in furthering your studies please fill out the attached form.
Elsie Wong (Former Intern) with her sample work