Hawthorne & Heaney is looking for an embroidery intern to start with us as soon as possible, ideally with immediate effect.
We are looking for a current fashion/textiles student to join us in the studio for a 1-3 month internship. Duties will include machine and hand sewing, general administration, maintenance of the social media sites, research,assisting with embroidery preparation for both the staff and for the School and errands as well as time set aside from duties to develop you embroidery skills. Applicants must be hard working, versatile, enthusiastic, professional, responsible and able work well in a small team. Attention to detail is a must along with patience as nothing in embroidery is particularly quick.
- Sewing skills are essential, and a proficiency in both hand and machine sewing would be ideal.
- Computer knowledge of both MAC and PC, ideally with an understanding of adobe programs and g drive
- Trend aware
- Looking to gain experience in a live studio in the embroidery sector
- Must be a current undergrad student of a fashion/textiles related course
- Able to travel into London every day
This internship is unpaid and should be taken in addition to a current undergraduate course, we are therefore unable to accept non students for this position.
If you would be interested in furthering your studies with us email email@example.com