Embroidery Event Staff
Hawthorne & Heaney are looking for freelance machine embroiderers for immediate start for our POP-UP EVENTS and in house work for the busy Christmas period.
This will usually involve monogram embroidering on exisiting garments, live on the shop floor for customers to interact with and observe the process. The sucessful candidate will be operating one of our intergrated CAD machines so experience of computerised Brother embroidery machine would be great.
– Brother machine and CAD experience
– Retail experience
– Confidence framing up existing garments for positioning
– Flexible during the xmas period
– Confident working on your own
Internship / Studio Work Placement
Hawthorne & Heaney is currently looking for an embroidery intern to join us from August 2018 onwards.
We are looking for a current undergraduate fashion/textiles/costume student to join us in the studio for a 2-3 month internship. Duties will include machine and hand sewing, general administration, maintenance of the social media sites, research, assisting with embroidery preparation for both the staff and for the School and errands. Time is also set aside from duties to develop your own embroidery skills during your internship. Applicants must be hard working, versatile, enthusiastic, professional, responsible and able work well in a small team. Attention to detail is a must along with patience as nothing in embroidery is particularly quick.
- Sewing skills are essential, and a proficiency in both hand and machine sewing would be ideal.
- Computer knowledge of both MAC and PC, ideally with an understanding of adobe programs and G drive
- Trend aware
- Looking to gain experience in a live studio in the embroidery sector
- Must be a current undergraduate student of a fashion/textiles related course
- Able to travel into London every day
- Must be on an appropriate current undergraduate course (fashion, textiles, embroidery, costume or similar)
This internship is unpaid and should be taken in addition to a current undergraduate course, we are therefore unable to accept non students for this position. Hours are full time, Monday – Friday 9-5pm.